Categorized |Beef, Chicken, Fish, Pork

How to make the green seasoning paste that’s so unique to Caribbean cuisine.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “How to make the green seasoning paste that’s so unique to Caribbean cuisine.”.

319 Responses to “How to make the green seasoning paste that’s so unique to Caribbean cuisine.”

1. Malcolm says:

Chris I made this for my chicken marinade a week ago and it was pretty good. I froze some and put some in the fridge and marinated a ribeye overnight and it was the first steak in a long time eaten sans A-1!!!

Question: Can I take a tablespoon or two and add it to a 1/3c lime juice and 2/3c oil to make a vinaigrette?

2. Malcolm says:

Question: Can I take a tablespoon or two and add it to a 1/3c lime juice and 2/3c olive oil to make a vinaigrette?

3. Louis Hessey-Antell says:

Hey, I was thinking of chucking a cube of this into a seafood risotto. Any reason why that would awful?

4. Rose says:

Good Morning, what are pimento peppers? Is there another name for them?

5. Chris:

I do make my own seasoning like you but add a pinch of salt and if available lime juice instead of water.

Good work on the Cocoa, maybe you can add the cocoa dance. Will love to see that.

Denise

6. Marty T says:

Thank you for posting your recipe for the green seasoning. I saw it while one of your cooks were cooking some oxtails and I had to have it. I love you and my family loves you.

7. Rose says:

Thank you for sharing this recipe – can’t wait to try it.

8. Dana says:

I can’t wait to try this. I love Caribbean food and I would love to make it at home. Thanks for the recipes!!

9. Emick says:

Chris,

I have tried several of your recipes and of course the green seasoning is a must for me. I finally got a chance to top off my love of the Trinidad style of cooking by actually making a few trips down to TT this year. Absolutely loved it. I stayed in your neck of the woods at the tree house. Got a chance to eat just about everything I could…lol, hot doubles in the morning!

10. Antoinette Jackson says:

Thank you for explaining the green seasoning.