Categorized |Bits and Bites, Vegetarian

Homemade Tamarind BBQ Sauce.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Homemade Tamarind BBQ Sauce.”.

7 Responses to “Homemade Tamarind BBQ Sauce.”

1. Jason says:

Wow! Simply amazing. Put this on some chicken kabobs and they were a hit. It was exactly what I was looking for! We managed to find tamarind paste that was jarred and already prepared. Made life easy…

2. Lucai says:

This tamarind BBQ sauce is just what you promised, tangy, tasty, indeed wicked. Love your site. Thanks

3. Robin Lyons says:

What a terrible recipe site with the 'online chicken recipe' flashing over the text ALL THE TIME. Horrible experience and I can't concentrate on the recipe!

4. C.L. says:

Most of your recipes look quite yummy — but virtually all have meat. I love the spiciness and fresh produce you use! But even most of your "vegetarian" dishes have fish! This makes it hard to adapt your recipes to something I can use.

Also, I am surprised you use "curry powder". In my experience, curry powder ruins every dish it is used in. Maybe I have just always tried the wrong "curry powders", but in 45 years of cooking, I have never found a good one, and now just mix spices myself. I would be interested in vegan, gluten-free recipes with the actual spices and quantities listed.

Do you have any good recipes with coconut flour instead of wheat flour, etc.?

Thanks for sharing your recipes! They look delicious and flavour-filled!

5. Gloria says:

Hi Chris:
    I can't recall how I learned about your website but I do enjoy the recipes (at least reading about them and watching the videos). I live in Washington, DC and I am from Jamaica. I like the new twist you've given to a time tested recipe, escovitch fish. I do intend to try the Tamarind BBQ sauce and the Oxtail cooked in stout. Thanks for the nostalgia and for expanding my culinary education. I have a busy schedule but your recipes are at the top of my list to do. Once again, thanks for the memories.
    Gloria

6. Shar says:

I just made a double batch for an end of summer lime we're having tomorrow. I got fresh tamarind at the farmers market, so I used that…also added some granulated garlic and instead of chopping up the pepper I dropped a whole pepper into the pot as it was simmering and fished it out at the end. Perfection! Thanks for a great recipe! (Couldn't find molasses anywhere around these parts, no matter. I just caramelized the sugar in the olive oil).

7. Tracy says:

I'll be making this for the 4th of July!