Categorized |Bits and Bites

Gratifying Hops Bread.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Gratifying Hops Bread.”.

54 Responses to “Gratifying Hops Bread.”

1. shellcartels says:

why are those roaches sitting there?

2. Navita says:

Tried this recipe today and it came out absolutely wonderful! I encourage others to give it a try, you won’t be disappointed!

3. Rehana B. says:

Love your recipes! Can this recipe used to make loaves as well?

4. Flower Pot says:

Hello, I came across your recipe for hops bread and wondered if I made it, would it have the hardish crispy crust with the air soft insides that I remember feasting with my grandfather back in the 60’s?

5. momerelle says:

Hey just wanted to know salt is the tablespoon or teaspoon not the world’s greatest cook thanks

6. zalina says:

Can I add wheat brand to this recipe and get the same results?

7. Monica says:

Chris I will be making hops bread today, thanks you inspire me

8. Patricia says:

Thanks Chris and thanks to your mom. Just looked at the pepper roti video – so that’s how it’s done! Not sure if I can do it… my past results with making roti haven’t been successful.

Love the loving and respectful way you speak of your parents.

Patricia

9. Donna says:

Hey Chris,

I am trying the recipe today. Someone mentioned the green leaf on the bread. The Hops Bread is what is called Salt Bread in Barbados and it still has the green leaf that resembles a palm leaf. Everyone sleeping but will wake up to the sweet smell of your Hops Bread…Thank you Chris love the recipes.

10. Sadia Kishundat says:

Hi Chris,

I have tried your hops bread recipe. It came out just as expected tasted delicious and brings back memories of TNT! Thanks so much!
    I have shared the recipe and everyone love it!

11. Ricia says:

Thank you…. bread came out amazing… keep up the excellent work

12. Roanne says:

Bread was really soft nice, thanks for sharing. My only problem was that the bread was stuck pretty good to the parchment paper, not sure where I went wrong there

13. Sterling S Mohammed says:

The Chinese bakery was and stil is Affans. It is still operating-the Sugar Workers Union Building next to it was demolished.

14. Sadia says:

Chris,
    Your hops bread looks absolutely delicious. Can’t wait to try the recipe!

15. rita grant says:

how did the name HOPS bread came about? I remember the bread use to have a green leaf on the top. Is that a hops leave? I enjoyed reading all the recipes. Can I melt the shortening in the micro oven instead of mixing with hot water? What is the difference between lard and shortening? Do I have to use shortening and not lard?

Thanks