Categorized |Bits and Bites, Vegetarian

Extreme Caribbean Pickled Peppers.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Extreme Caribbean Pickled Peppers.”.

30 Responses to “Extreme Caribbean Pickled Peppers.”

1. Abhishek says:

One of my friend gave me a full jar of this pickle and since then I was in love with this pickle! I asked my friend about the recipe but he didnot know since his mother sent it for him from Trinidad. Finally, I found this recipe here….I tried it immediately and a long story short, it turned out so good! Thank you my friend..

2. Ashley says:

Hi Chris. Why did you leave the lime rinds on ? Isn't it going to be a little tough ? :)

3. Mackie says:

How long will this keep?

4. Peace Freedom says:

Greetings Chris to you and your family. Wow, man, this looks delicious, and our family just love spice and heat, you know what I mean! Thanks as always for sharing; we will definitely make this! Take care till next time!

Peace and Love!

5. Sandra says:

Chris, I usually make this kind of pepper but I've never used any vinegar. I use lime juice only, I also put pieces of Moorai, Carrots and onions. I call it mixed pepper but according to you Pickled Pepper, I think it's a more appropriate name so now I'll start saying Pickled Peppers. Thanks Chris and God bless!

6. ChrisV says:

I've been looking for something like this!!! I don't know if your familiar with the show "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern", but on a Jamaican episode, he visited this family who had a home made sauce in an old rum bottle juuuust like this except they used the sauce/juice from this instead of eating the actual pickled peppers themselves. They said it was a Jamaican hot sauce called "Gravy". Now, here's where a couple questions come in. Do you know of this "Gravy" hot sauce, and do you have the recipe/can you teach us how to make it? & How much salt do you put on top of the peppers before you squirt the lime juice?
    Thanks!

7. Anjanie says:

Looks good, will definitely give it a try :)

8. Mrs Rahaman says:

oh my god just what i wanted to know i have read other recipe but love this one and method. Got to pick up the pace since my mother passed Thanks who ever you are ha ha ha

9. Gail Finlay says:

Looks Good Chris, I will try it.

10. Gerry says:

Just saw this recipe and it looks great…just what I am looking for. Thanks for posting your recipes. I left Trinidad 45 years ago and I am married to a non-Trini, so I need all the help I can get!!!!!

11. lyoness says:

Just the recipe i was searching for, thanks for posting. though i never tried it with lime before will give it a try.

12. Man that looks hot! Amazing though, got to try it.

13. Bruce says:

Chris I have seen just about all of your recipes and I must say that I have not tried them yet.Oh almost forgot.I did try the green seasoning and it hit like a home one at my house.My wife loves it.We can never make enough.So thanks a lot Chris.You are a blessing in my house.

14. Cheeya says:

Look beautiful Chris^_^

15. Vic S says:

Is this what Trinidadians call Mother in Law? I love this stuff…

1. […] recipes include cauliflower , papaya and/or caraili (also known as bitter melon) in the pickled solution. I decided to keep it simple […]

2. […] versions seen along the roadside is more like a pickled pepper style.  A recipe for this style can be found here. The bottles are very attractive all lined up in a row with their red and orange bottled […]