In Memory Of Karen Nicole Smith, 1972 - 2016

What NEW Food Did You Try This Year (2019)?

Home Forums Ask What NEW Food Did You Try This Year (2019)?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Karibe 2 days, 7 hours ago.

• Author

admin
    Keymaster

As we say goodbye to 2019 I thought it would be a great idea to look back at the year, but from a food perspective. I’ve have the pleasure of visiting The Trinidad and Tobago, Rome, Pisa, Napoli, the Amalfi Coast, Marseilles, Barcelona and Palma (even dipped in to Montreal for a quick second) Places packed with great culinary traditions. Also dined at some excellent establishments in the US and Canada. The one thing that stood out, is a Salt Prunes Mango Chow my friend David Wears introduced me too late one night as we were #gallivanting thought the north west end of Trinidad. Music blaring in the background from the back of a car where people were just wrapping up their beach lime, subtle sounds of the waves crashing on shore at Chaguaramas Bay and the scent of shrimp, grilled pork and lobster filled the air… from the food truck we were there to test the menu. The heat, the sweet and salty and the delicate crunch of the pickled mangoes… was the perfect “finish” to a wonderful evening with friends.

https://caribbeanpot.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/mango-chow-recipe-8.jpg

What was the best or most memorable thing YOU ate in 2019?

VincentB
    Participant

I tried Papusa this year. It is an El Salvadorian dish of meat into a masa dough and cooked on a comal. It was so good that I had to make some for myself.
    Chris, are you going to have your cookbook in stock soon?

brian mohammed
    Participant

shrimp fried rice and some coconut drops

lucky garg
    Participant

jhfhdgvhgghghghfgdhgdhgdhgdfgdf

admin
      Keymaster

hhhhhhhhhhh

lucky garg
    Participant

test
    jfsdfsdfsdfsdf

admin
      Keymaster

dfgdgdfgdfg

Anonymous

hello

admin
    Keymaster

dfgdfgdfgdfgdfg

admin
    Keymaster

tttewf dhfg

Anonymous

gdfsgfsghfgdhsffg

Karibe
    Participant

A quite simple dish was hummos with roasted aubergine. Easy to make… Chick peas, eggplant, squeeze of lemon and olive oil. garlic and salt and a little shadoe beni. A little roti with it, and you have a Nice meatless dish!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Featured