Categorized |Beef, Gluten Free

The Ultimate Oxtail Stew.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “The Ultimate Oxtail Stew.”.

33 Responses to “The Ultimate Oxtail Stew.”

1. Maria says:

Chris I love your recipes and my daughter s now a great cook as well,
    Thankyou so Much.

2. Josie says:

Chris keep the wonderful Caribbean recipes coming, you’ve taught me how to cook, and for that I am grateful!

3. Tony says:

Made this for the first time and the family loved it.

4. BajanSteve says:

Chris…I think it is about time that you had a spot on the Food Channel.
    Thanks for the great foods.

5. Hey Chris Mon:

The Oxtail stew was really wicked! I used a pressure cooker and stewed it for about four hours. I also ommitted the tomato paste because I personally don’t care for tomato paste unless I’m making some kind of pasta. I also didn’t have any carrots so I used sweet potatoes instead. It was very good. Thank you for your willingness to share such awesome recipes.

Much Love
    Chocolate Sundee

6. Sandy says:

Followed this recipe to a tee. Very disappointed. Not much flavour. Very bland. Will try and tweak it next time.

7. Patrick says:

Greetings..

Thanks for your postings, they reconnect me back to my roots. I am going to make this today. Heading to Lexington Market in Baltimore, Maryland, USA to get some “fresh oxtails”.

I will try ya slight variation though, I will leave out de potatoes and carrots. Then I will serve it over some rice. True Trini style.

By the way, Christmas is coming. Will we see a black cake recipe?

Patrick

8. Terri says:

my son and wife are going to love this dish, think I will cook it and surprise them, thanks for all the great recipes

9. Anne says:

Hi Chris, I follow you every day on your website, must say I enjoy enjoy reading and following your receipts. thanks for keeping me up to date. its hard here where I live to get a lot of the things I need. but on the occasion I go into Vancouver, I visit the Chinese grocery and get what I can, keep up the good works. all the best Anne

10. Valerie says:

i feel like i can taste the finished product, yummy

11. priscila says:

I LOVE OXTAIL THANKS FOR THE RECIPE, BUT WHAT i USUALLY DO TO MAKE THE MEAT COOK FASTER I PUT THE SALT AND SOY SAUCE WHEN THE MEAT GET SOFT.CANT WAIT TO COOK.

12. joyce says:

One of my favorites, Ox tail…. When I was a little girl my great grandmother made oxtail soup, delicious. When I was teenager my second family (Whom lived across the street from me, opened the first West Indian restaurant in Boston Ma. Lucky for me, I worked in the restaurant off and on for many years. Aunt Pearl delivered the most scrumptious Jamaican meals ever. I followed your recipe and YES, perfection.
    Thanks… RSIP Aunt Pearl

13. Marlene says:

I either put my oxtail to cook in the oven at 325 or Put it in a slower cooker and it is excellent

14. Sam says: