Categorized |Bits and Bites, Chicken

The Ultimate Island Curry Duck.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “The Ultimate Island Curry Duck.”.

35 Responses to “The Ultimate Island Curry Duck.”

1. Shaun says:

has anyone tried the recipe

2. Izak says:

Chris i live in South Africa and i cannot always get the same ingredients you use. I dont make a sean about it because i have the common sence to look up the ingredients on the internet and find a substitute or i notice that pictorially we might have something similar and try that.
    I enjoy your recipes, so keep up the good work.
    Blessings

3. D. Singh says:

Hi Chris thanks for this recipe, it’s perfect! You’re doing a good job. I hope that you won’t mind me saying something here pertaining to Sarah’s comment.
    First of all, what is she doing here on this site if it doesn’t benefit her. Secondly, she has NO RIGHT whatsoever to used any obscene languages; it shows that she has NO RESPECT for users on this site and especially for you Chris; you’re helping so many of us every single day. I must say although I’m a good cook, I’m still learning couple things from you; NO ONE KNOWS IT ALL!
    I do agree with you 100% that you shouldn’t have responded to Sarah’s comment; why put the effort to respond to unmannerly people. I’d like it very much if she reads my comment and mend her bad attitude and also learn to be respectful to others, especially to all the folks who’re teaching us something important to better our lives.
    Ok Chris you keep the recipes coming and God bless you and your family.

4. Sarah says:

I get more and more pissed off with the elitism “For this recipe you need (if you live outside the islands) to source a Caribbean style duck and those are readily available at most Caribbean specialty stores in north America and the UK. In the past I used the normal ducks you find in the frozen section at the major grocery stores here in North America, but I find that though they taste great, it’s really not the same.”
    Yeah thanks again for rubbing it in – I live in Northern Europe and have no access to a “Caribbean Market” nor can I get the stuff at Amazon, because in Europe, one can only order at Amazon Europe, not USA or UK.
    So thanks Chris, for only publishing receipes for Americans, English or Caribbean People, everybody else who wants to cook after your receipes is fucked, because one does not get the ingredients needed and you do not supply alternatives.

• admin says:

Poor you.. do I live in Other regions? How would I know whats available? This is for the MOST part a CARIBBEAN website and I will stick to MY roots. Do you go to an Italian, Thai, Dutch, Swedish, Japanese (you get my point) website and complain that they don’t provide you with ingredients you can source? With over 1 million uses a month and 1 ignorant complain.. not even sure why I bothered to respond.

5. Shirma says:

I always love a good curry duck, have not been able to get it right so I will try your recipe Chris.

6. Jan says:

Could never get it right, so never cooked it. I used your recipe and my husband loved it. Asked me not to change a thing about it. Thanks

7. Gabriela Reyes says:

I love this recipe….this is exactly the type of curry duck I love….I just added a teaspoon of saffron and a teaspoon of normal curry (for chicken) to get the desired colour and taste …Thank you :)

8. Dennis M Sankar says:

Gotta try this one ! Sounds good.

9. Sharon-Ann O says:

I was researching Jambalaya when I came across this recipe. Go figure, anyway, of course this is what I want to cook instead. My only problem is finding the Muscovy duck but I’m not discouraged. Please continue your step by step method of instruction because not all cooks are created equal. I still learn so much from you and these steps even though I’ve been cooking for so many years. I never noticed the difference between the curries (Madras vs regular) until you pointed it out. Keep those recipes coming and those of us out there drooling. Thank you.

10. Joanne says:

Chris, I am an excellent cook also. I have lived in Trinidad and also in Tobago and my mother is Vincentian but I have to say that the plate you put out does look very appetizing.

11. shanti says:

try putting some coconut milk in this dish……..checking out your recipe for paratha

• Gabriela Reyes says:

yes I put coconut milk wen I’m supposed to add 2 cups of water and half of a carib beer ( you can add scotch instead of beer)…it makes the meat so much softer …