Categorized |Fish

The Ultimate Curry Shrimp.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “The Ultimate Curry Shrimp.”.

31 Responses to “The Ultimate Curry Shrimp.”

1. Andrea says:

Absolutely love your website and recipes!! You're so clear, and you making cooking easy and fun for me which keeps my Trinidadian boyfriend and I very happy! Thank you for sharing!! :)

2. FRANCISCA MONROE GUY says:

I LOVE THE WAY YOU MADE THAT CURRY SHRIMP I'M GOING TO TRY IT ON SAT.

3. Nigel says:

Looking wicked, heaped up on some long grain rice and local freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. I wonder how it would work with yellow-fin tuna fillet. Keep them coming Chris

4. Jodi says:

Chris,
    Thanks… if you want to add flavor bar-b-que your tomatoes for the shrimp and the salt fish.
    Nice to see some Trini cooking on you tube, which is how I found your website. Thanks again.

5. Derick says:

I always use a big pinch of Geera powder in all my curries. It's found where ever you got the curry powder. also, I've found that grinding the curry powder, geera, Chandon beni (or Cilantro), garlic clove and black pepper into a thick paste (add water) in your motar and pestle then dropping it into hot oil really wakes up the flavour two fold, 1) by grinding and 2) roasting in the pan. (need to be quick or it'll stick to the pan.)

6. Teresa says:

This is the best recipe I have seen for curry shrimp. Thanks Chris. Keep up the good work.

7. Martin says:

yes this looks really good. Just wish those big fat 'strimps' weren't so darn expensive…

8. Sarah Larrier says:

Hello, love this recipe, will surely try it soon.
    Sarah

9. Latosha says:

Hi again Chris!! Ok I have made over 10 of your recipes so far and love them all! I ask myself what I feel like eating tonight and go on your website, I have all the fresh ingredients at my disposal including green seasoning…Yes like everyone says your step by step insructions and pictures are great and very helpful, I actually wish you would publish a book if you have not done so…this book would be worth every penny no matter the cost…to sum it up, I made this last night and it was great, again my boyfriend thinks I am a great cook and thanks to you I am…one more thing for the readers, I tried using my own methods with yours and all dishes came out much better following you solely…Thanks again :)

10. nicole says:

Thanks for this recipe. I have made curry shrimp before but by following your steps I know it will turn out better the next time around.

• Theresa says:

I loved the Curry Shrimp recipe,and I like the videos were I can see things being done step by step, I added a little coconut milk to my sauce and a little more hot pepper to spice up the thing Jamaican style nice

11. rahima says:

hallo i am an indian.I like ur recipes.

12. Tina says:

Just returned to the States from a trip to T&T to visit my husband's family (he's a Chris, too) in Diego Martin. Took a few days in Tobago and thoroughly enjoyed some Curry Crab from Store Bay and had the yellow fingers to prove it. Determined to make my own soon!

Just made my own green seasoning this afternoon and am making your Curry Shrimp as I write this.

I'll be back regularly to try to keep my hubby happy with some food from the Motherland.

Cheers and Happy All Years!

13. Georgina de Wilde says:

I read many a recipe in youtube/google but your one is the best as you talk about it and ALSO show the picture of how actually it should look … in youtube normally we see the cooking process and briefly how it really looks at each step cause as the person keeps talking/explaining, the attention gets diverted.
    You were very detail and this is great for somebody like me who want to cook to perfection.

Thanks!

14. Guest says:

Looks delicious!! Can you add chicken to the recipe?

15. Richard says:

I would make my own curry paste!