Categorized |Vegetarian

Tantalizing Red Kidney Beans For Sunday Lunch.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Tantalizing Red Kidney Beans For Sunday Lunch.”.

24 Responses to “Tantalizing Red Kidney Beans For Sunday Lunch.”

1. Trevor says:

hey, you forgot out the pig tail or salt beef.

2. Hamel says:

Hi there thank you for the read bean. All I need is golden rayears but I live in colorado.

3. shelton says:

I’m gonna try this recipe tomorrow.

4. Phyllis says:

Hi Chris, have you tried adding some coconut cream to your stew peas, it’s great and adds another dimension to the overall flavour.

5. Sherrie says:

Hi Chris, red bean is my favourite bean!! I like it even more than pigeon peas :)…The only thing I do differently is that I boil the beans without any seasoning or salt. I then sauté all of the seasonings and veggies in oil and golden ray for short while and then add the beans/liquid, salt and cook down a bit. There you have it..I would like to take this time to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014!!!

6. John Martin says:

Hi Chris I note you cook the beans in the water they have soaked in. my wife who comes from St Vincent rinses the beans, boils them in fresh water for ten minutes, strains and rinses then continues cooking with fresh boiling water with all the additional flavouring, a method handed down from several generations of her mother’s family. I’m an English guy, a couple of years off eighty been dining on Caribbean fare for 56 years my favourite dish is saltfish,akee,and callaloo WOW! I love all the dishes from the Caribbean and your recipes are great. Many thanks for the postings