Categorized |Fish, Vegetarian

Swiss chard with an inkling of salted cod and garlic.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Swiss chard with an inkling of salted cod and garlic.”.

54 Responses to “Swiss chard with an inkling of salted cod and garlic.”

1. What you call chard we call pachoi and I love it,love this recipe.

2. lorrie says:

Chris, Thank you I have not had Swiss Chard since I was a young girl. It took me back. My family enjoy it as well and they eat nothing GREEN. This they enjoy. Please keep the recipes coming.

3. Karl says:

Must try this!

If you live europe Swiss chard can also be called Mangold how are close relative.

4. Pat says:

Coconut bake with this concoction is truly great

5. The Food Legend says:

One handy ingredient I use in a lot of recipes asking for salt is fish sauce. Adds a robust salty flavor. I also use it in my homemade Sriracha (gotta use up that hot pepper harvest)

6. Jean Gordon says:

Hi Chris:
    I have made something similar to this recipe, but I never used the salted cod fish, neither the coconut, but I will try this, because it sounds tasty and wonderful. With some recently cooked white rice, it should be appetizing and scromptious! Thank you for your recipes!
    Jean Gordon

7. Isa says:

Oh, YUMMY! I have GOT to try this!

8. wally says:

hello chris,this is a nice dish.i´m from the republic of panama, and growup in the country, and i notice almost all the stuff you talk about we have then here also just that different name.i love your recipes and had used them, but my wife dont go with me she is not a west indian she a panamanian latin and they cook different us..have a nice day chris and keepup the good work i am happy with it..

9. janet may says:

Will really look forward to cooking this dish, it looks and sounds wonderful!

10. Lucreita Adams says:

In Trinidad we call it patchoi and we use salt fish and some rice-I know it will taste great

11. Pat says:

I love your recipes. This Swiss Chard with Cod would have gone well with Coconut Bake or Boiled Cassava

12. Vince. says:

Sunday was a west indian day in my house.Came across your recipe but had planned to do salt fish fritters have seen yours I went for it I was just great.Instead of Chad I used savoy cabbage it worked just as good.I have tried all of your recipes and can say one thing all GOOD.
    Thanks Chris.
    From a British St. Lucian.
    Ps. Do you have any St. Lucian recipes you can pass on???????.

13. Donna Taylor says:

Dear Chris, I Donna like all your recipes. Thank you.
    I like Swiss Chard and Salt Fish and Bakes.
    Love and Prayers
    Donna

14. annesha says:

Thanks Chris, its my first time hearing about swisss chard, will try to find it here in UK. I’ve done the spicy salad, and it was a winner. Thanks again for these lovely recipes.
    God bless

15. roma says:

I agree, dasheen bush is the best!! Thanks Cris for all the wonderful recipies,you make it easy for me to try.Happy New Year to you and family.