Categorized |Vegetarian

Stewed Lentils Caribbean Style.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Stewed Lentils Caribbean Style.”.

32 Responses to “Stewed Lentils Caribbean Style.”

1. Bill Moor says:

Golden Ray margarine is not available in the US Midwest, even by mail delivery. Amazon advertises Golden Coconut Butter which most reviewers use for making popcorn. Question, is Golden Coconut Butter the equivalent of Gooden Ray margarine and, if it is not, can it be used as a base for making/approximating Caribbean Golden Ray margarine? If so, by adding what ingredients?

Bill

2. Bernice Martin says:

Lentil is always so delicious.

3. Tyler Heflin says:

Just made this for my Trini boyfriend and it came out really good (I’m American lol)! Made it with rice and a curry stew (pork) and damn, it was good! Thanks for the recipe!

4. Nay says:

Thank you. Could you tell me the type of spoon you are using and suggest where I can buy? I have been looking for some of those forever and have yet to be successful.

5. Lindsay says:

I use stock instead of water, gives it flavour without adding salt and the Golden Ray adds the rest

• admin says:

be mindful of both commercial stock and Golden Ray. Both are HEAVY on the sodium. if you have your own homemade stock, then you can certainly control what goes into it.

6. jereon balfour says:

Pal I tried it and my kids just loved it I think I could give the wifey some competition I need to check out more of your simple dishes thanks very much

7. Linda Ferguson says:

I love the sound of this recipe I’m certainly going to give it a try. Thanks Chris for all your delicious recipes. Please keep them coming. God Bless

8. gowra Loknath says:

Hi Chris,
    I usually put everything in the pot and cook together with some brown sugar and ketchup. I love to add a bit of pimento pepper. Gives it a different flavour. I use everything you do, except the browning. I just partly cook the lentils, then I add everything else and leave to simmer. The pimento does the trick. I don’t add chadon beni though.

9. vidal says:

can you do this recipe with the yellow split peas?

10. Melissa johnson says:

Love this recipe. I used thyme in mine and chicken bouillon also. After it cooked I put it in the food processor. It is so good!!