Categorized |Bits and Bites, Vegetarian

Make room for Sada Roti, Pita Bread.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Make room for Sada Roti, Pita Bread.”.

52 Responses to “Make room for Sada Roti, Pita Bread.”

1. Hi Chris,

I followed the recipe and did the microwave trick but it did not work for me, my roties came out hard and bland. Don’t know where I went wrong…maybe more kneading more resting?

I’m used to making roties with butter which makes them flaky, any other recipes I could try without fat?

2. Melissa says:

Thanks for the recipe. If I have to use Wheat or flax seed flour what will be the measurement?

3. Rabiah says:

I really appreciate ur recipes. Living in America I want my kids still grow up with my food and culture. You make it easy and it always taste good. Love ur videos for extra clarification. God Bless. Btw u are my favorite Trini chef I always resort to. Thanks.

4. Barbara Schoenberger says:

CHRIS I JUST WANTEDTO TELL YOU THE DAHL SPLIT PEAS SOUP WAS
    THE BESTVI HAVE EVER EVER HAD!! I COULD NOT GET ENOUGH OF THE
    FLAVOR!! ANYONE NOT MAKING IT IS REALLY MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING SPECIAL!!

5. Pat says:

Just found this recipe via a back reference from your vegetable cream cheese recipe of this morning. I’m not a cream cheese fan but I love roti with my curry. I’m one of those fumble-fingers who could only make “hard” roti fit for the trash bin. I notice one of the comments mentioned clapping the finished roti so I want to know if this is the same kind of base for the roti I can stuff with peas masala and then clap? It has been so long since I last had that that I must try it as soon as possible. Thanks Chris, ever so much.

6. Dave says:

Chris, You need to venture down to Mississauga. There is a fabulous Caribbean restaurant on Erin Mills just north of the QEW called Calabash. Excellent flavours and Trini- focused. Roti, jerk chicken, oxtail, cajun stewed chicken, fried king fish, phoulorie, etc. Let me know if you want to try it – I could even meet you there. Love your recipes. Dave

7. daren says:

what kind of flour do you use? bleached or unbleached?
    self rising flour?

8. wendi says:

DWL. Where was this recipe yesterday when I needed it. After making an awesome curried chicken,I craved roti, as I do not like rice. Yes, I’m an unusually West Indian. Anyway, I improvised and came up with almost the same recipe. The first one I rolled to thin and made a soda cracker, but quickly remedied that. I clapped them then wrapped in plastic wrap, no microwave They were delicious.