Categorized |Drinks

How To Make The Most Refreshing Mauby Drink.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “How To Make The Most Refreshing Mauby Drink.”.

29 Responses to “How To Make The Most Refreshing Mauby Drink.”

1. Ana says:

You can make Mavi like they call it in Puerto Rico on Ebay. Plus I let it ferment under the sun until it gets all the bitterness out. White sugar and brown sugar are also added then placed in bottles with a cloth covering the tops.

• Ana Rivera says:

I make it in gallons and place it on a sunny window to ferment. It takes sometimes 8 to 12 hours sometimes longer to get the bitter out. I just take a nail and make a hole on the cap to let the bitter bubbles run out while it ferments.. Oh and I use 1 oz of ginger..

2. Deb says:

It may be helpful to note that mauby bark comes from the buckthorn tree.

3. wendy says:

Buying ingredients now

4. Jill says:

Chris….I like to add a lil star aniseed and of course Kola and aniseed essence…

Thanks for you great recipes, keep sharing our good island treats!

5. ken says:

Mauby is good for high blood pressure and diabetes. It keeps it under control.

6. Vernice says:

Hi Chris, thanks for the recipe. Mauby is one of my favorite drinks and now I’ll make for it to last me longer. One thing is that I didn’t know that you can put nutmeg in it. Thanks again.

7. Holl says:

Thanks for the recipe. Just found the bark at a west indian supermarket and I will try your version. I like that it tells me how to make the concentrate so I no longer have to buy from the supermarket

8. elaine says:

hi chris that mauby is tasty

9. eboni says:

Love this drink! I found the recipe I want right here. Some places sell pre-made Mauby but I totally am on a mission to avoid processed health drinks. Thank you for posting this.

10. Renata says:

Where did you get mauby sticks? I want some!

11. Dorsey Marshall says:

Hi Chris
    I had Mauby in Trinidad last September. In addition, I had Ox-tail for the first time. It was great. Thanks for all your recipes and videos. I really enjoy them.
    Pastor Dorsey Marshall

12. Mamatater says:

Hi Chris
    This site was recommended to me by some Trini friends who sware by it. I read your Mauby recipe which looks good however I will raise the comment from good to great if you add some aniseed. Either the herb / star anise when boiling or a few drops of aniseed extract before serving or a combination of both.

Keep up the good work.

13. Kharina says:

Hi Chris! I just came back from my first trip to the Caribbean (Barbados) and had a suitcase full of rum, seasoning, spices and mauby cordial. I didn't realise what I purchased was only mauby and wasn't prespiced and sweetened so thanks for this as I fell in love with the unusual sweet and bitter hit it delivered!

14. sylvia says:

Hi Cris
    Mauby is one of my favorite drinks so I definitely will be try this version.
    Thanks for sharing.

15. divainvegas says:

Can't get bark in Vegas! Love Mauby..

1. […] also added a drink called mauby- which I have always hated- at customer demand. I don’t like it because it’s bitter. […]