Categorized |Bits and Bites, Fish

How To Make Saltfish Accras.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “How To Make Saltfish Accras.”.

81 Responses to “How To Make Saltfish Accras.”

1. Shirley says:

Hi Chris I tried making Accra before but it never turn out.

I will give your recipe a try. would let you know how it turned out.

Thanks you.

2. sheryl st louis says:

I MADE THIS LAST FRIDAY DEC AND IM GOING TO MAKE IT AGAIN WITH MILK THIS TIME BUT IM GOING TO TRY COCONUT MILK ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT TASTED

3. Velina says:

Boil with a piece of lemon and a clove of garlic and you won’t have that fishy smell and will also give it same flavour, also cut down on the salt.

4. Sally D. says:

Chris doh miss
    He’s the best!

5. Stef says:

This is definitely the best accra recipe I have ever tried.

6. Nieceyrh says:

Chris! I love how I could always come and this site and have full confidence in whatever I try!!!! Your recipes are the best!!! I made these today and they were awesome.. I added some fresh pimentos… I just love them and I love the burst of fresh seasonings… U d best chris!!!

7. Kiyah says:

Isn’t it strange to use an egg?

8. Dawn says:

Your precise instructions are much needed since it is not only W.Indians who follow your site. I like that u don’t overpower everything with salt & also, with this particular Accra recipe u seem to follow the Bajan way of making Fish Cakes with flour in the batter. I like better the Trinidadian take on it to replace the flour with a mashed potato. Health wise it is better for u. As well, since salt fish is not readily available to me I substitute cans of tuna or salmon & they taste quite great. Thanks again for all ideas.

9. My dear…such fuss to make a simple acra dish……it used to take my aunt minutes to make the soaking was the longest to do…but in the end it tasted……mmmmmmmm…thanks

10. My dear,,,what a fu,ss to make some acra ….My aunt will soak the salt fish overnight..shred it the next day….mix all together…fry…..and voila its done…

11. Birdie says:

Tried it and loved it.

12. Christi says:

Wow. These turned out great. Thank you. The best ones I have made.

13. Karleen Caton says:

You are so precise in your instructions. Thank you and i will definitely be trying this out. God’s many blessings upon you.

14. risa says:

Why do you add the egg?

15. Jackie says:

Chris. You are simply put “THE BEST CHEF EVER”
    I LOVE ALL YOUR RECIPES. I’ve NEVER seen anyone give such precise directions. I wish you ALL OF GODS BLESSINGS