Categorized |Desserts, Vegetarian

How To Make Kurma (known as mithai in Guyana).

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “How To Make Kurma (known as mithai in Guyana).”.

33 Responses to “How To Make Kurma (known as mithai in Guyana).”

1. Merlina R. says:

I tried this recipe twice and it came out soft not crunchy. It tasted really good just need to be more crunchy and I am not sure how to make it more crunchy. I tried cooking it more but still not crunchy.

2. Kim says:

Hi I just adapted this recipe and baked the dough instead of frying, it came out well. it’s my new version.. thanks.

3. Jan26k says:

This recipe came out really good, exactly the way I like, crunchy….not too sweet….

4. bibi says:

I did not get the crunch ):

5. Carol says:

Hi Chris
    My mum does the sugar cakes as well but she puts in a little sweetened milk to make them a little softer when you eat them.

6. Ann says:

Hi Chris
    Thanks for this tip, am going to try it now… Happy Holidays!

7. Mr Wonderful says:

Meh love kurma yuh see….But never made always bring them up from Trinidad,My buddy girl friend kurma is boss. I love to taste GINGER in my kurma..I will try this since i am a Kurma lover.

8. Charlotte says:

Thank you so much for the awesome recipe and video! I made it for my family today for Diwali and it is delicious!!!!

9. dashi says:

mine not comin out rite

• Leah says:

I would like to believe I have the perfect kurma recipe and mines doesnt call for all this liquid, I usually do condensed milk instead of evaporated as well. I would try 1 tablesppon of condensed milk for ever cup of flour and although the recipe calls for 1/2 cup water just add enough water to bind the ingredients into a ball. The dough should be dry and hard.These alterations should make for the perfect cruncy kurma!

10. Jacob says:

Very interesting recipe. Excited to try it out!:)

11. Michelle says:

Missing home Chris, thanks for sharing this recipe.

12. teddy says:

good stuff moms
    looks yummy

13. charlene says:

Hi i was searching for a great recipe and after comparing yours to others i found i think im gonna try yours right now… my daughters are eager to make kurma too so i will let you know how it came out ok. Thanks for taking the time to share your recipe and say hello and thank you to your mums and pops for us ok.

14. Desiree' says:

I tried this and it came out great, I also added grated ginger to the dough as I loooove the ginger flavor Ymm Eeee…no need to spend $2:50 per bag of kurma in my local West Indian cuisine here in New Jersey and there’s about 1handful of kurma in the bag and it isn’t as crunchy as this. Thanks again Chris. :)

15. Shanelle says:

My family is from San Fernando, Trinidad and we love eating kurma ! I’m so happy you decided to share this receipe, I can’t wait to make it . Meh mouth watering already !!!!! :)