Categorized |Fish, Vegetarian

Gourmet salmon from a can?

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Gourmet salmon from a can?”.

124 Responses to “Gourmet salmon from a can?”

1. Faidah says:

Basic standby recipe for me…instead of ketchup I use a squeeze of tomato paste….over rice! Glad you shared this recipe.

2. Phylicia says:

Hey, Chris I tried this recipe and it’s very easy but most of all it’s quick.

3. Indira says:

Hi Chris:
    I will always the Good Friday lunch that my mother used to make for us with all the provisions, stewed lentils, red rose salmon in the tin and a green salad. However, she never cooked the salmon – she would empty it in a bowl (without the water), took out the skin and the bones, add all the ingredients that you have above, except the salt and ketchup (cube the onions and tomatoes). Add in some finely crushed garlic and some chopped celery. Pour some olive oil on top and then mix with a spoon to incorporate all the ingredients. Add more olive oil if you want – I always add a lil extra because I love the taste of the olive oil in this recipe. It would seem a bit dry for some of you but when you have it with some beans / peas, it is YUM YUM.

4. June Blackett says:

Add a little mustard, adds to the wonderful taste!

5. Maryallsopp says:

Hi Chris this salmon dish is great.I have done it for years.there are memories to this.I add shredded cabbage to it.what a delight! Thank you for sharing.I will make this soon. Best wishes,Maria.

6. Charmaine says:

I make this religiously on a Good Friday together with stir fried cabbage

7. sheryl st louis says:

WE CALL IT THE HORNER MAN FOOD JUST LIKE CORNED BEFF
    BUT ITS DELICIOUS,I ALSO ADD TUMERIC TO EVERYTHING I MAKE
    CHRIS YOU ARE THE BEST

8. Amina says:

just add some tumeric and cumin to your same receipe and enjoy.

9. Add a good HEALTHY squeeze of lime in the mixture with the tomatoes. GOOD EATING!

10. Same like yours but with coconut milk delisioso chao.

11. Christine says:

Could this be made using fresh salmon?

• admin says:

yes, but the cooking time will differ. I’ll try to post a recipe using fresh salmon in the coming weeks to show the slight differences to pay tribute to the freshness of the salmon.

12. Emma says:

Yum, yum. I love this comfort food. I made it about a month ago…the best! No recipe is insignificant…it’s what we grew up on. They bring back wonderful memories. Thank you Chris!

13. Ayin Maryoung says:

I am sorry, i forget to mention squeeze a little lime or lemon

14. Ayin Maryoung says:

I love salmon in the can. I make it just like yours, but i also add cabbage to it

15. Linda says:

Wow – this was surprisingly excellent. And SO easy. I would think you could use any canned or cooked meet. Served it over plain rice and could not have been more pleased with the ease or flavor (I did use a habanero in it to give it some oomph).