Categorized |Pork

Enticing Garlic Pork At Christmas.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Enticing Garlic Pork At Christmas.”.

39 Responses to “Enticing Garlic Pork At Christmas.”

1. Audrey says:

Boy I’m Guyanese and my sister made some , I claimed I no longer eat pork but the garlic pork was wicked, I tasted one piece and went back for seconds and thirds until I got caught by a nephew who said why you eating that I thought you were vegetarian and I I replied all year Ian except for Christmas . Thanks to Chris for keeping our traditions alive. You are a boss

2. Jackie Chan says:

I just realized when I was making this years batch of Garlic Pork, that I had 1 marinating since last Christmas.
    Oddly, the meat has turned back to pink again.

1. How long can Garlic Pork be stored for?
    2. How safe to cook and eat or should I ditch it?
    3. How different will a year old marinated taste vs days old marinated batch?

Thanks in advance.

3. Dawn says:

Having been raised by a Portugese mother & grandmother I am all too familiar with this dish. I however refrain from using your “everyday” white vinegar because of the sulphites which is also present in most vinegars. I also prefer using not just the regular thyme but also the ‘Spanish” or broad leaf variety. Soaking is also mandatory & the longer the better. Can be soaked year round & should be kept in an earthenware jar for best results.
    Thank you for keeping us in touch with our heritage via food.

• Jackie Chan says:

Oddly, the meat has turned back to pink again.

1. How long can Garlic Pork be stored for?
      2. How safe to cook and eat or should I ditch it?
      3. How different will a year old marinated taste vs days old marinated batch?

Thanks in advance.

4. Imaikop says:

Looks very appealing and easy to cook will surely try it

5. Judith T says:

Looks good- will definitely try it