Categorized |Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Corn Cou Cou (Vegetarian + Gluten Free).

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Corn Cou Cou (Vegetarian + Gluten Free). ”.

7 Responses to “Corn Cou Cou (Vegetarian + Gluten Free).”

1. Melanie Pereira says:

My Daddy, from Antigua, called it fungi. Told us on other islands it was known as Cou-cou.

2. Cheryl says:

In Guyana we also called it could could. I haven’t had it in years. I will certainly try it as it is necessary for me to be on a gluten free diet. Thank you.

3. Marine Omsby says:

Chris! In Jamaica we call this dish Tun Cornmeal, as you we never liked it as children even as adults. In St Maarten it’s called Fungi and that’s where I’ve learnt to appreciate this dish, it’s sold as a meal UN restaurants. I’ve eaten it since living in the UK and I really enjoyed it, now I’m gonna some for myself. Thanks Chris.

4. Zora says:

Chris, I am Jamaican and yes we call it turn cornmeal. This was something we cooked and added scraps of fish and things that was left over and we would feed this to the dogs for their food. I make it for me to eat but I add all the things you included and I add cocked salt fish and a little scotch bonnet for flavor. When it is cooked and cold I slice it in thick slices dust with a little flour and fry in hot oil. Not healthy but yummy.

5. Donna says:

I love me some cou cou. My mom made with salted cod fish, or stewed bass fish. Mmmm. Panama in the house Chris. :)

6. Pamela says:

In St. Kitts we call this dish fungie. I have no idea if this is the correct spelling since I have never seen it written anywhere. My Mom cooked it regularly minus the coconut milk. Sometimes she added raisins. Our entire household enjoyed it. It was always served with stewed fish.

7. paula says:

In Jamaica, we call this tun cornmeal and same as in your household, we never liked it as children. You have given me an idea for lunch tomorrow.