Categorized |Desserts

Coconut Drops With Your Tea.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Coconut Drops With Your Tea.”.

41 Responses to “Coconut Drops With Your Tea.”

1. Lorna says:

Dear Chris, I found your website while learning to navigate my new I-pad. I haven’t stopped testing your recipes since. Today is Easter Sunday and I wanted something different for my family. Your coconut drops provided that newness I was looking for. I felt it was time to say a big Thanks

2. Helen says:

I usually add a little grated ginger…yummmmm

3. Delia says:

Chris. I made these yesterday for dessert for our Black History Month Gala. I served them with Mango ice cream and they came out perfectly. I did the recipe times 6 so I adjusted the liquid. Everyone was happy. Great recipe. Thank you! Keep on posting!!! :)

4. Sharon Singh says:

Hi Chris, my family love these drops, especially my husband. Thanks for all these great food ideas. Keep up the good work.
    S. Singh

5. Bejinbutterfly says:

This is my second time using this recipe . This time I added a few cranberries and it came out and taste awesome. Thank you

6. Karissa J. says:

I would like to say thank you for posting this recipe. My husbands aunt introduced me to these when I first got married. I was hooked. Now she is very sick so she can no longer bake. Thank you so much!!!

7. bhindi says:

Chris try baking it on fig or banana leaf. makes you think of the old dirt oven. Banana leaf can be found in the frozen section of the supermarket where frozen cassava is stored.

8. Juliet Charles says:

Hi Chris,
    This is my second time trying this recipe and this time around I'm making it for my mom.
    It came out perfect. I don't know how else to say thank you for making your recipes with simplicity very easy to follow instructions.

God's Blessing Always

9. Sandra says:

Thank you sooooo much for this recipe. I'm from St. Thomas and had these when I went to visit my sister in NYC and she got me one from a Jamaican bakery. LAWD….. it was so good that I have been searching for the recipe for years but I was looking under coconut bread. I'm going to try and make these ASAP and I will report back to you. :) I'm so thankful that I stumbled upon you videos.
    Many Blessings,
    Sandra

10. Urbanpan says:

Yummy!!! – I a vegan version of this that I make with Bisquick mix (yes its vegan) and almond milk. I work with several vegans.

11. Aif G says:

Thanks Chris for this recipe. As I like coconut bread and sometimes make it, these Drops will surely be very nice too and enjoyable. When you refer to temperatures, could you please mention F and C temps as we use metric in this country. You did not say which temp you meant. I guess it was Far:

12. Joan says:

Hi Chris am planning to grate my own coconut should i remove the dark part of it or shred as is.
    Also want to let you know in Jamaica we call this rock cake, thank you and you are the GEM in my kitchen thank you so much for those wonderful recipes

13. Rho says:

Hi Chris, thanks for your recipes. I always search youtube for your cooking. I am so happy to know that you have a website. Blessings to you and your grandmom.

14. Angela says:

Chris: I have read this recipe a few times and remember trying it sometime ago. I used to make this from one of the very first cookbooks that were written in Trinidad many moons ago. Although it was not the creaming method used as in your recipe, they suggested mixing the coconut (sprinkling evenly before doing so) and raisons with the flour mixture before mixing in the liquid, in your case, the creamed butter and sugar. As a result it was much easier to fold and less stirring was required. I would not suggest a hand mixer at this stage because, once the flour, etc. is added to any liquid form, in your case, the creamed butter, the stirring should be at a mnimum which is a method used in baking.

15. D. Singh says:

Chris, I usually make coconut drops the same as yours but I add one more ingredient; finely grated nutmeg. You can try it the next time you're making some. Good recipes, thanks and God bless!