Categorized |Bits and Bites, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Blueberry Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Peppersauce Recipe (Moruga Scorpion hot sauce).”.

10 Responses to “Blueberry Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Peppersauce Recipe (Moruga Scorpion hot sauce).”

1. Jamie says:

Wonderful concoction! A friend gave me about a dozen Morugas. So, I did a search and I’m glad I found this recipe! I skipped the salt as well. I’m usually a salt whore, but I believe this to be a wonderful representation of both the blueberry and the scorpion. The blueberries came from my mother in law’s bushes as well. Wonderful blueberry jam flavor on the front and then the Scorpions take over with their flavor an heat. SimpLe. Delicious. Well done!

2. DJ says:

could i replace the blueberries with huckleberries? also how many carolina reapers would you recommend for this recipe if i’m not using scorpion peppers?

3. Ike says:

I love this recipe. delicious! Can we not include all the pictures in the “print friendly” version though? not really needed and I just blew a color print cart lol

4. Rob says:

Picked this recipe as my first time ever attempting to make my own hot sauce. Thank you for a great and simple recipe!! I used 4 habaneros and 3 Hungarian wax peppers because that’s all I had available out of my garden at the time. I did add a little honey and cinnamon but no allspice. It’s just delicious!! I’ve already put it on my omelette and fried potatoes, a burger and fries. Oh, I also added about a teaspoon of powdered fruit pectin to thicken it a bit. Can’t wait to make this again and give out to friends. I have one scorpion plant in my garden that should start producing in a couple weeks!

5. Fareed says:

There is a wonderful one I made for thanksgiving.
    1 lb fresh cranberries, 2 oranges, 1-1/2 tbs of orange zest, 1 tbs of fresh mint chopped, 3/4 cup sugar (or add more to taste). 1 scotch bonnet or two Jalepeno peppers or add more if you want your turkey on fire.

Peel and peg oranges, remove pits, roughly chop.
    Chop pepper in processor.
    Chop all cranberries with sugar, orange zest, pepper and half of oranges in food processor. do not blend you want a coarse chop.
    Remove from food processor
    Mix in remaining coarse chopped oranges and mint. Refrigerate and use up within two to three days.

6. Adam says:

Just made this with some 7 pot chocolates and moruga scorpions a friend grew. Wow! Amazing! Thanks for a great recipe. Had it on some hummus and pita chips at first. Will try it on everything else I eat soon. I made four bottles. How long would you expect it to be edible?

7. Ed says:

This looks amazing. Can it be canned?

8. MissMentor says:

Hey Chris, Can I substitute blueberries for fresh cranberries and swap out the oranges for some grand marnier? You’re giving me ideas for my holiday chutney sauce. hehehe

• admin says:

definitely.. however, remember this will be very fiery! For some body I would even fold in some orange marmalade at the end.