Categorized |Bits and Bites, Chicken, Fish, Pork

A Classic Jamaican Jerk Marinade.

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “A Classic Jamaican Jerk Marinade.”.

134 Responses to “A Classic Jamaican Jerk Marinade.”

1. Mike says:

Far exceeded our expectations! Cooked 1.5 lbs chicken tenders in a covered skillet for about 20 minutes. Made the house smell great and was crazy delicious. Served with sweet peas and some black beans and rice.

2. Carolyn says:

Made this for Christmas Eve. Family has requested it again for July 4th! It’s very good!

3. Steve says:

This looks like it would work really well for beef jerky. I plan to marinate the beef in the refrigerator over night before putting it in the food dehydrator. Would you suggest any changes in proportions? I ask because the drying process sometimes accentuates some flavors more than others.

4. Mused says:

So essentially I want to make just enough marinade for a chicken breast, or a couple of drumsticks, 250gm approx. (skin on, bone in)
    Can you PLEASE pare down the quantities, I’d rather make fresh marinade every time. I tried but the flavour wasn’t quite right.

Thanks so much. :)

5. Angelina says:

Hi Chris..I made your marinade and it was amazing, first chicken then shrimp…when kids ask for seconds that’s confirmation right there it’s good…so tell me what’s the secret ingredient to give it a Canadian twist? :) Thanks!

6. Rowan says:

Hi
    how long can you keep the puree? Can you store it in the fridge and use it again if you have some left over?

7. sya says:

I found this recipe a little earlier and I had to come back to this site to say how good it is. I was really surprised how good it tasted and the chef is right I probably will be making my own jerk marinade with this recipe from now on.

8. paige says:

roughly how much would you say this recipe served??:)

9. Dee says:

I followed this recipe to a T. In fact the chicken is in the oven as I type this comment. I noticed my marinade was a bit on the green side, not sure how the chicken will come out (colour wise). Could I have missed something?

Can’t wait to taste it…

Dee

10. Anita Cwynar says:

The recipe doesn’t call for regular onions, yet they’re in the photo and instructions. Those who want to add them (not I) don’t have any guidance as to quantity.

Thanks.

• admin says:

Be sure to read again. There is 5 scallions (green onions)
      5 sprigs of fresh thyme (about 1 tablespoon chopped)
      2 teaspoon salt
      1 onion
      1/2 cup orange juice
      2 cloves garlic
      1 teaspoon grated ginger

11. You made me a cook my wife is happy. From Arima living Bronx NY

12. Jemma-Lynn says:

Fantastic marinade. I upped the amount of peppers from 2 to 6 because I really like it spicy. I leave it at 2 for my husband who is less inclined. Will be bringing this to a Canada Day celebration coming up. Thank you.

13. Camilla says:

I made a batch of this and whilst nice and hot- I really didn’t like the nutmeg. Way too overpowering! Will omit that next time.

14. Jared says:

I see a lot of comments on here saying they didn’t use the orange juice. This ingredient, along with fresh scotch bonnets and brown sugar, is critical. Do not substitute lime juice or Lemmon juice. It’s too acidic and will not get the right flavor. It’s the difference between a Caribbean flavor and a “this is some decent chicken that you spiced with everything on the rack.”
    Also, marinate over night. Personally I cut chicken breasts into strips and cook on the grill. Boiling off the marinade for sauce is a good touch as well.